Since moving to the country, my love for home accessories has evolved. I would even go as far to state that I have found interior peace with the purchases I have made and the way I style them up. I know what looks good in our home, what accessories would enhance a space and the colour palette that compliments our surroundings.
However, as with most of my style posts, you don’t need to spend £100’s to achieve that Country Cottage charm.
Here are my top 5 ideas that you can re-create in your own home:
1. Re-use a jam jar as a vase and fill with sweet peas, roses or hydrangeas – preferably ones cut from your own garden! I picked these morning – how delightful.
2. Convert an old photo frame into a chalk board by painting some card in chalk paint. This would look cute hanging in a kitchen or utility room
3. Fill small terracotta planters with artificial moss and individual flowers (can be found in Hobbycraft) – arrange them in groups of 3 on a shelf to add that rustic charm
4. Buy blank cards in the £1 section and hang them from a piece of twine with basic wooden pegs. Creates a cute backdrop behind a bed. Add some fairy lights for extra sparkle.
5. Place teacups and saucers (great ones can be found in a charity shop) and issues of your favourite magazines or coffee table books on a wooden tray . Add a vase of flowers for height and colour and place on a footstool. Always add Jo Malone for some added style!
x PB x