It’s 5.56am and I’m up, writing this blog post. Some of you will be shouting at the screen saying why, why, WHY?! Well, I’m about to tell you.
Since becoming a mummy, I have become increasingly grateful for the time I have to myself. Please be reassured that I would of course prefer to spend time with Little PB over and above anything else, but working full time and being mum means stuff needs to get done.
With the sun rising and the birds entertaining my with their dawn chorus, I potter in the silence of the house, preparing for the day.
I tried the Miracle Morning method in its entirety for a bit – that didn’t work for me. And I think its because I took it too literally. The principle behind Miracle Morning is to set you right for the day by giving yourself time to reset your mind, focus, do some exercise and rehydrate.
So, my morning is a deconstructed version of this and here is my routine:
- Sunrise alarm set for 5.50am. Little PB usually wakes by 7am so I know I have around an hour to get s!@* done.
- 5.50am – Get up! (I do have to push myself to get up straight away but it’s improving!)
- 5.55am – A big glass of water and a lemon tea (basically 2 slices of lemon in warm water)
- 6am – Feed Pineapple & Button Co. whilst the kettle is boiling
- 6am – 6.30am – Spend 30 mins either planning my day, painting my nails, writing blog posts, or having a pamper session in the shower. I also pack my bag for the day (although I do try to do this before I go to bed in the evening)
- 6.30am – 7am – Get myself ready (with a cup of builders tea!) because trying to do a decent attempt at hair and make up with a toddler to entertain is never going to work
By the time Little PB stirs, I can give him my full attention until we go to nursery and I feel ready for the day.
I have had experiences where I haven’t achieved the above and I can honestly share that I feel discombobulated that whole day as a result.
So, if you want to feel more productive, positive, motivate and in control of your world, set that alarm for an hour earlier…..and then share how it goes! Good luck!
x PB x