A stormy rainy day in Saturday and Mr PB and I ventured into London. We were headed for the Barbican Centre for day 1 of the Sunday Times Life Lessons.
A range of inspirational speakers covering a broad amount of topics on how to make the most of your life – both at work and at home.
With a spectacular lunch at a local Italian in the middle of the day, the morning and afternoon seminars were extraordinary, mind-boggling and very insightful.
Here are my main takeaways:
– A working mum shouldn’t work like she doesn’t have children or have children like she doesn’t work!
– Be ruthless & respectful with your time
– Respect others desires for attention
– The opposite of stress is kindness
– Use controlled breathing to calm
– The smallest change you can make to your life that will have the biggest yield is going from sitting to walking
– Own your failures with as much conviction as your successes
We listened to Alex Pang, Dr Rangan Chatterjee, Dr David Hamilton, Dr Rahul Jandial and The Amazing If.
I would certainly encourage you all to add their books to your Amazon wishlist!
x PB x