Let’s be truthful. I regularly wake up and have to check my phone to know what day it is. Routines have gone out the window and it feels like a reoccurring Groundhog Day.
But we’ve achieved 4 weeks in the PB household with few arguments and tantrums to show for it which I’m pretty impressed with.
I certainly am starting to feel the tiresome nature of repetition going into week 5 and have had to give myself a good talking to.
I’m actively having to remind myself to do the things that I know make me feel in control and sane:
- Getting up before everyone else to have quiet alone time – tricky to do when we are working late but worth it if I can force myself
- Reading time and a beautiful cup of tea
- Getting dressed like I’m going to work (sort of) – this means no tracksuit bottoms and a slap of make up!!
- Drink plenty of water and minimise the snacks!!!
- Plan my week/day to ensure I’m giving time to little PB in between the conference calls!!
- Self care routines – don’t skip this because of tiredness, always be bothered to do it!!
- Go to bed on time….not sure what “on time” looks like at the moment but I certainly do a happy dance if work ends before 9.30pm
We have another 3-4 weeks of this and so it’s important we remind ourselves that we can only do so much. Overloading the bucket creates tension so don’t compare and know that we are all doing our best in this unique of situations!
x PB x