My heart beats a little faster whenever I see a bookshop in sight. I would often meander through the aisles of a Waterstones on my lunch break to browse (and sniff, cos who can’t resist the smell of a new book!)
And I always endeavour to include reading as part of my day, even if it’s just a few pages.
So, I thought I would share my book list for 2019 so far and add to this post each time I find a gem!
I just don’t stick to books in this list – I include audio books too via the Audible app, and there are also a couple of magazine choices too because not all of us have the time or desire to read a book from front to back.
1. Secret Barrister, Anonymous – I started this at the beginning of the year. Whilst hard work at times to make sense of the legal jargon, it is fascinating. To get an insight behind the court room doors satisfies my nosey personality!
2. Becoming, Michelle Obama – at the top of the bestseller list, I couldn’t not include this one. And being a fan of the Obamas, I can’t wait to get stuck in
3. Your Dream Life Starts Here, Kristina Karlsson – as an owner of 4 Kikki-K planners, I was already a fan but then listening to Kristina on a recent podcast, I became inspired by her life story, so the launch of her book was perfectly timed.
4. My Thoughts Exactly, Lilly Allen – I’ve seen a lot about this book on social media, and I’m intrigued. I’ve purchased as an audio book as it’s read by Lilly herself so watch this space.
5. Girl, Wash Your Face, Rachel Hollis – in anticipation for Rachel’s next book, I want to re-listen to this gem
6. Re-Script Your Life, Reeta Gupta – just something I stumbled across when browsing Audible. I’ll let you know my thoughts
7. I’ve become a fan of Planet Mindful and Breathe magazines. Beautifully written and presented articles covering a wide range of health, wellbeing and mindful practices
What’s on your book list for 2019?
x PB x